Apart from setting-up a sustainable European network, GREEEN aims to:
- Integrate climate change related topics sustainably into (science) education in schools;
- Promote teacher training on climate change education (e.g. understanding of basic concepts, trends and issues; identifying educational implications of teaching about climate change etc.);
- Foster the European exchange and transfer of experiences and good practices on climate change education among education institutes, teacher trainers, teachers, practitioners, NGOs and young people;
- Identify learning materials, good practices and teaching and learning strategies on climate change education and enhance their dissemination through the GREEEN platform and other means;
- Increase the production of and access to information and innovative solutions for science education on climate change and sustainable development;
- Promote closer linkages between science education and science working market emergent trends and opportunities.