Terms and conditions
Registration for the GREEEN award implies unreserved express acceptance of these terms and conditions and all their provisions.
Clause 1: Submission Date
All submissions must be received by August 31st, 2016, 24:00 h.
Clause 2: Entry age
All students must be between 14 and 19 years.
Clause 3: Entry conditions
- Each team will have to fill in the online submission form and illustrate their project by means of a short film (max. 3 minutes) within the period set out in clause 1 of these terms and conditions.The team must upload their video to YouTube and insert the respective link into the submission form.
- The project descriptions can be only in English. For the video also submissions in national language with English subtitles are accepted.
- Team members give consent to the Organiser to make any checks regarding their identity and details.
- Any defective registration (incomplete, incorrect, etc.), violating public policy or moral standards, or validated after the GREEEN’s deadline, will not be considered, and any incorrect or incomplete identity or details will lead to the immediate elimination of the team.
- All submissions must be in line with European copyright laws. Short quotes may be used if the source is clearly listed. Images, film, sound and other multimedia sources can be used if they were produced by the teams, if the author has given his/her explicit consent, or if they are freely accessible sources such as ClipArt.
- Any entry in breach of this clause will be regarded as null and void.
Clause 4. Selecting and determining the winners
Official selection by the Organiser
- The Organiser will initially make an official selection (hereinafter ‘the Official Selection’) of around 10 projects, concepts or ideas from all submissions entered and validated by the Organiser.
- This Official Selection will then be posted to the Organiser’s Facebook page.
Votes by online visitors
- For a period of approx. 10 days (starting early September) online visitors will be able to vote for the videos (illustrating the submitted projects) of their choice from the Official Selection made by the Organiser.
- At the end of the period set out above the votes will be combined with the votes of the jury to determine the winners.
The winners will be notified promptly by e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the submission form by mid-September 2016 and will have 7 days to confirm acceptance of their award.
- A winner who does not respond within the aforementioned deadline of 7 days of the e-mail being sent will be deemed to have forfeited their award. In this event the Organiser may nominate a replacement winner.
- The winner will also forfeit any right to the award where information they provided as part of the entry does not meet the conditions of entry under these terms and conditions. In this event, the grant will be retained by the Organiser who reserves the right to reallocate the prize.
- Furthermore, the Organiser may not be held responsible if the winners’ e-mail address entered in the registration form for entry to the GREEEN Award is not valid, does not work or said winners’ inboxes are full and prevent the receipt of the e-mail informing them that they have won an award.
- The awards offered do not entitle the winners to any form of objection or claim.
Clause 5: Rights of use
By submitting a project, teams accept that GREEEN is entitled to publish the submitted projects and cases on the Internet or in other media also in modified form, and that their data can be electronically processed and published.
Clause 6: Determining awards
The winners of the GREEEN Award will win a three-day trip to Kassel, Germany (10 to 12 October 2016) to discover Kassel and to meet European students.
Up to three teams consisting of up to four representatives per nominated project (students and teachers/supervisors) will be invited to Kassel.
The prize can neither be consumed at a later point in time nor redeemed in cash.
Clause 7: Right to extension, amendment or cancellation
The organiser reserves the right to curtail, extend, amend or cancel the GREEEN Award Ceremony if circumstances so require or in the event of force majeure. It may not be held liable as a result of this.
Addenda to these terms and conditions may be published throughout the Award. They will be regarded as appendices to these terms and conditions accepted by the Entrant on registering.