The funding period of the GREEEN network has come to an end. 30th November 2017 is the official end of the project … but no worries … the GREEEN Network will continue. You will still find new posts on our Facebook page, the website will stay available with our newsletters, project leaflet and the guide on climate change education. You will still be able to access the GREEENHOUSE and use the materials and information on climate change provided by all GREEEN partners and by our new partners. So you can still join the Network and register now:
The three winning teams were invited to the 2-day GREEEN event that was hosted by the Landkreis Kassel, Germany. The prize of the competition was actually the trip to Kassel. All the same, we had a European award ceremony on Monday, 10th October, 2016, with all GREEEN partners and external guests. Unfortunately, there was a strike from Lufthansa and two of the three teams could not come to Kassel, as their flights were cancelled. Their projects were presented all the same and a big applause was sent to them!
The GREEEN Network invites you to its final conference that will take place on October 10th, 2016, in the premises of the Landkreis Kassel. You will have the chance to meet the representatives of all 16 partner institutions from 12 European countries that have been involved in the project and learn about GREEEN activities and future plans.
Please find the pogramme here.
The GREEENWORK has the pleasure to announce its final conference on 10th of October, 2016, in Kassel, Germany. Interested people from all over Europe are welcome!
We are setting up an intersting programme with different kinds of acitivities such as workshops, excercises, a climate walk through Kassel, networking talks, a panel discussion with experts from Europe …. and last but not least the award ceremony.
The conference programme will be published soon.
Take action on climate change and make a difference!
The GREEEN team is inviting European school students (14-19 years old) to show us their projects and ideas that contribute to this momentum for change. We are looking forward to seeing young people’s innovation, and the climate change solutions they are developing in their schools or communities.
The best projects will be invited to our final conference in October 2016, in Kassel, Germany.
Find out more here.
And the winners are …
The GREEEN storytelling award was a success! More than 55 creative stories have been submitted. From these the jury members made a pre-selection of ten stories that were published on the GREEEN Facebook page for the public to cast their vote for the three eventual winners – the number of likes had to decide on the winning stories. The teams had eight days to make sure that they would be among these.
On January 1st, 2016, the jury nominated the four winners:
Please click on the respective thumbnail to watch the story!
Apart from setting-up a sustainable European network, GREEEN aims to:
- Integrate climate change related topics sustainably into (science) education in schools;
- Promote teacher training on climate change education (e.g. understanding of basic concepts, trends and issues; identifying educational implications of teaching about climate change etc.);
- Foster the European exchange and transfer of experiences and good practices on climate change education among education institutes, teacher trainers, teachers, practitioners, NGOs and young people;
- Identify learning materials, good practices and teaching and learning strategies on climate change education and enhance their dissemination through the GREEEN platform and other means;
- Increase the production of and access to information and innovative solutions for science education on climate change and sustainable development;
- Promote closer linkages between science education and science working market emergent trends and opportunities.